Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Swimming With the Fishes

I always have a book I am reading. I sometimes read two or three at a time (depends on how engaging the books are). This means I need bookmarks at the ready.

I have quite a few bookmarks on and in my nightstand.

The other morning as I was making the bed I happened to look on my nightstand and saw two of my bookmarks, one atop the other. I had tossed them there a few days prior without giving them another thought.

This is what caught my eye...

Maybe the mermaid wanted to go for a swim with the fishes.

How serendipitous I thought when I saw the two bookmarks together in this manner.

Yam has made me some bookmarks too.

The origami shirt and pants set bookmark. So cute!

The Victorian Vampire Chronicles (a book she was writing) bookmark. She drew the artwork on the bookmark. The four images represent characters in her book.

Oh, by the way, I'm currently reading Dewey, The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron with Bret Witter. Not a gripping read (I probably could be reading another book along with this one) but being a cat person I am enjoying it (with thoughts of what my next read will be).

2 comments:

  1. Bookmarks are a "good thing". If the book is boring, you can look at the bookmark. You'll never see a dog-eared page in Bird's yellow house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the the book "Dewey", I am not a cat person but I thought it was a good read. Enjoyed the story of his life, pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete