Disaster avoided, we moved onto the next step. Louise was boiling the jars and lids as I measured out 7 cups of granulated sugar and set it aside. Next I added one box of Sure-Jell to my juice and placed the pot on the stove and brought the mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly (which made it difficult to also take pictures and Louise was not comfortable enough with my camera to do so).
Once the Sure-Jell/juice mixture was boiling it was time to quickly add the sugar (I had Louise add it so that I could get a picture of this step) and return to a full rolling boil again. The sugar mixture boiled for at least five minutes as I stirred constantly.
Once Louise determined that the mixture was done boiling (she did this by having me lift the spoon out and observe how quickly the drops off the spoon jelled), she announced it was time to start filling the newly boiled jars, but only after the foam was removed from the jelly mixture (the recipe we were following said you could add some butter before boiling to help keep the foaming action down, but Louise said she never does this, she always skims the foam off with a spoon).
I fished the jars and lids out of the extremely hot water with a pair of tongs and placed them on a dish towel. I then took a glass measuring cup and quickly dipped it into the jelly mixture, scooped the newly made jelly up and poured it into the waiting jars. This all had to be done before the jelly mixture set up. I had enough jelly to fill ten jars.
Thanks to Louise, I can now make sea grape jelly on my own, but I don't believe it will be as much fun without her.