Friday, December 16, 2011

Worn Out

Well done, good and faithful servant.

My camera finally wore out (must have been those thousands of pictures I took).

It started in October. I was taking some pictures of The Colonel at his birthday lunch at a local Mexican restaurant and my camera's screen started breaking up. It would take one or two good pictures and then a bad one.

This behavior continued to spiral downward until finally my camera refused to work any longer after our town's Christmas parade.

I called Canon's repair service center and found out that it would be cheaper (Best Buy and Office Depot had some sales going on) to just go out and buy a new camera instead of send my old one in to be fixed (plus I cannot be without a camera for long (at all), especially at Christmastide).

I bought a new Canon camera (an early Christmas present from my In-Laws) and anticipate taking thousands more pictures in the future with my new, good and faithful servant.

2 comments:

  1. My dear little Nikon did the same thing over the summer (right before vacation!), with the same results. A replacement was cheaper than a repair.
    Enjoy your new friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought it was the end of "birds yellow house". I'm overjoyed that bird will be able to blog again...and finish the race!

    ReplyDelete