Friday, May 25, 2012

Double Vision?


The above picture is the most recent one taken of my John Henry pineapple. I check on John Henry daily (I have heard that raccoons love pineapples and know exactly when to steal pick them when they are at their peak of ripeness).

I noticed that John Henry is now sporting two crowns. I have never seen this phenomenon before. I had to grab my camera and my Mother-In-Law, she had never seen the likes before either.

I had to read up on this twin crown thing. What I found out is if a pineapple has two crowns it will also have two cores. Commercially not a good thing...never buy one with two crowns.

This pineapple's forefather was a gift and the twin crown phenomenon has me intrigued. I am looking forward discovering the double core when I cut it open after it becomes ripe and I pick it (that is if I pick it before a raccoon does).

The suspense is terrible...I hope it will last.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Be sure to let us know about the double core. How long does it take to grow a pineapple anyway?

    ReplyDelete