Monday, February 20, 2017

Calendar Girl

"I love, I love, I love my calendar girl"...can't you just hear Neil Sedaka crooning those words? I always wondered what it would be like to be a calendar girl. Now I know.

Last year my DAR chapter decided to create a calendar as a money maker. The calendars would be on sale to anyone who wanted one and they would also be taken to the Fall Forum for sale to all the other DAR chapters from around the state of Florida. I personally bought four of them...one for Yam, Spud, my in-laws and of  course myself.

Those of us who wanted to be in the calendar dressed up in our best colonial wear (I cobbled my outfit together from other costume pieces I have collected to portray characters when I volunteer for county programs...just a pretty straw hat, mop cap and voila, I looked reasonably colonial).




We had quite a group. The men from the SAR came dressed up too. Our photographer was a friend of one of the ladies in the DAR. She did an excellent job and it all went fairly quickly considering how many people she had to photograph.

Our Chapter Regent (president) was the first to be photographed. She ended up on the calendar's cover.



Soon it was time for others to be photographed.





The photographer wanted to have a group shot of the ladies and the men.





We had shots of couples and even one of a mother and son (so cute).


(Check out the sandals...not quite period footwear)



Finally, a group shot with everyone in it. That was the photograph that took the longest to arrange and get right.


(Notice we covered the lady's sandals with a quilt)

I was the calendar girl for March.



The calendars came out very nicely. I believe we eventually sold all the calendars before the year's end. What a fun experience.

3 comments: