Sunday, December 31, 2017

Ode to 2017



Ode to 2017

Posts this year were slim within my blog,
Life got in the way and of my time was a hog (or maybe I was just lazy, 
who knows, it's all kind of  hazy).

I wished to share more, with pictures to boot,
To lament this now is a point that is moot.

I did share some things and some things were missed,
The following lines name just a partial list.

I told some of my tale with the aid of Story Corps,
A calendar girl and parade member, in colonial garb I wore.

I had lunch with George and Martha Washington,
Visited real and imagined Calusa villages, what fun!

Sawfish DNA for science The Colonel and I did share,
A visit to the Bell Witch's cave gave us a little scare.

A trip to Charleston, discovering real pimento cheese, so filling,
With DAR friends I learned the old art of Quilling.

Funding and writing local markers historical,
Braving historical Hurricane Irma without becoming hysterical.

A family trip with a purpose to Key West,
To bury Darling-Sister-In-Law, she was the best.

My hopes for my writing in 2018 are to be more prolific,
And my wish to all is that the New Year be happy, healthy and terrific!






  








No comments:

Post a Comment