Friday, March 27, 2009

My Hero






This is my husband of nearly 23 years. He is my hero. He literally is a hero. He served this great country for 20 years in the Air Force and was awarded the Bronze Star medal for his actions during Operation Iraqi Freedom. Look at his chest full of medals, my hero has had a distinguished career and I have been along for the ride. Though I never got overseas with him I have seen some different parts of these 50 states. Our daughter was born in gorgeous and green Washington state and our son "where the wind comes sweeping down the plain", in Oklahoma.

I know this sounds pedestrian, but my hero is also my soul mate. He is who I dreamed of, when I did dream, which was not as often as most little girls; I did not sit and plan out my wedding day to the nth degree before the age of 8 and revisit that dream on a daily basis, nothing wrong in that, it was just not me. I never thought about the ceremony stuff, I just knew what kind of man I wanted as my husband. When I was young I wanted to have a husband who had the same sense of humor I did, the same likes and dislikes, same goals and set of values. I got that man in my husband. God sure knew what he was doing when he brought us together. Now that he is retired from the Air Force I have more time to spend with him. I am looking forward to having more adventures with my hero.

1 comment:

  1. Jill- Thank you for sharing your life with us! I haven't seen photos of the kids in so long. You and I have so much to be thankful for.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete