Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My 18th Mother's Day

Yam and Spud handed me a gift and a card on Mother's Day morning as I was drinking my coffee.

Yam had thoughtfully written the word MOM in a fancy, pretty script upon the pink envelope. The card read...

MOM- We were going to get you a really nice gift for Mother's Day...but then we remembered-you already have us! Happy Mother's Day. (I totally agree, but it is always nice to open something too.)

Yam's personal note...Mom have a lovely day today. Thanks for everything.

Spud's...Hope you feel better and enjoy lunch! (I had been to the E.R. the day before with kidney pain and nausea and did not know if I would feel up to lunch, let alone lunch out. I am on the mend now with antibiotics and pain meds).


When the kids handed me my gift I could tell it was a book. I love books, I always have something I am reading.

I tore away the (birthday) wrapping paper as Yam apologized for the paper snafu.

Beneath the paper was Seth Grahame-Smith's book entitled Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.


I had not heard of it. The cover art was perfect if somewhat gory. Abe stands on the front cover with an axe behind his back and there are blood stains around him and the back cover shows the backside of Abe, still clutching the axe as well as the severed head of a vampire. Like I said, perfect, but gory.

For a split second I was wondering what kind of mother am I that my kids would give me such a book...but they know me...I like historical novels (yes there are many real historical facts woven into this story) and I like a good vampire tale.

I had been reading another book but quickly put it aside and started this one. I am over halfway through it already. The man who wrote this book also wrote Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. You know I'm gonna have to read that one too.

I did feel well enough to eat lunch out and my babies took me out to Olive Garden where I ate delicious Ravioli de Portobello. And after lunch we went to the mall.

A lovely day...just me and my beautiful babies (The Colonel was visiting his mom for her Mother's Day).

2 comments:

  1. I've seen that booka nd was intrigued. Once you've finished give me a thumbs up or thumbs down so I know whether or not to put it on my list! kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day and glad you are on the mend.........Kit

    ReplyDelete