Sunday, January 30, 2011

You Know You're Getting Older When...

I received an AARP application in the mail.

AARP is for "old" people isn't it?

When The Colonel handed me my mail and I saw who it was from I immediately felt it was a mistake and was slightly offended by it. Surely I am too young for this. I am not even 50 yet (I still have eight months left of my 40's) and isn't it for those who are 55 and older (50 and older I would find out)?

I decided to open it up anyway and see what being nearly half a century old could be worth to me if I joined AARP.

If I join AARP for a one year membership it would cost me $16, and if I mail my membership in by March 9, 2011, as a thanks for me joining, AARP would send me a FREE handy Travel Bag.

My membership would also include the following benefits:

1) Discounts on insurance and travel.

2) A voice in Washington, D.C. that will represent me on issues like Social Security (yeah, like there will be any left by the time I am really old), Medicare and consumer safety.

3) Valuable information on living well.

4) AARP The Magazine and the AARP Bulletin.

5) Community Services like local chapters, driver safety courses (I know some Snowbirds who could use that now), and a nationwide volunteer network.

AARP had me at FREE handy Travel bag.

2 comments:

  1. Tell me you didn't do it.
    We ARE NOT old.
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sis you must be older than me according to the postal service........my application hasn't come yet!

    ReplyDelete