Monday, December 31, 2018

Ode to 2018


Ode to 2018

Where did 2018 go?
I ask myself and do not know.
The older I get, the faster time goes.
I must become quicker with my blog's pictures and prose.

So much more I wanted to blog about this year,
but my time slipped away from me I fear.
Some things of 2018 will feature in posts of year next.
The way time has of gaining speed sure has me vexed.

Throwback Thursdays were new to my blog post line-up this year,
Alongside the Wordless Wednesdays, they spread some cheer.

Airplane rides, renovations, fish shacks and Poldark,
Live TV, gorillas, uni-brows and a Disney park,
A 1980's party, a new mermaid tattoo,
Language of the fan, a piece of Jade-ite or two,
A bird seed stealing raccoon, painted dots on glass,
Just to list a few, I wished to write more in 2018, alas.

I hope next year to stay one step ahead of Father Time.
To write more and share more of what is mine.
Come along with me to the year 2019,
and share things that yet remain to be seen.

3 comments:

  1. I will be looking forward to them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I enjoy reading your end of year prose. Jenn

    ReplyDelete