Thursday, December 13, 2018

Throwback Thursday


I remember bits and pieces of the day the above photograph was taken. I am pretty sure it was taken at my Aunt Dode's house. Aunt Dode was one of my maternal grandmother's older sisters. Her given name was Lola Avanelle, but we all called her Dode. I have no idea why.

Aunt Dode's house was tidy and orderly. I remember my mom telling us to be careful and not touch anything. We spent most of the visit out-of-doors.

The photograph was taken in 1964. My brother Andrew was born that year and he is just a few months old in this photograph. He looks to be about three or four months old, so that, and the fact that we girls are dressed in warm weather dresses makes me think this was taken in the summer of 1964. I would have been getting ready to turn three that September.

Back row, left to right: Me, my oldest sister Lucinda/Cindy (7), my brother Andrew (on Cindy's lap), my second oldest sister Kathleen/Kit (6).

Front row, left to right: My third oldest sister Lori (4), my younger sister Jennifer (almost two).

In the three years following the taking of this photograph, two more brothers would be added to my sibling roster: Michael and Samuel.

1 comment:

  1. I never knew Aunt Dode's given name, and I don't remember anything about the day this photograph was taken. It doesn't look like I'm very happy as were my other siblings! Jenn

    ReplyDelete