Sunday, November 22, 2020

Doppelganger?

A Doppelganger (German for "double-walker") is a look-alike or double, of a person.

One of my sisters shared the following photograph. It is a photograph of my Uncle Jim (the blonde), my Uncle Chris (in the middle) and an unknown, younger boy in a bathtub. 


I do not know where this photo was taken (the tub and wall do not look familiar to me) and I think (based on the apparent ages of my uncles) that it may have been taken sometime in the very late 50s or very early 60s.

When I first saw this photograph, I immediately thought the unknown little boy looked a bit like my son. I shared the photograph with The Colonel, Yam and Spud and asked their opinions. They all agreed that the little boy looked similar to Spud at around that same age (I am guessing the little boy is around 4 years old).


Spud

I just wish I knew who that little boy was. I would think he is a relative (one does not usually bathe one's children with strangers. I have bathed Yam and Spud with one of their cousins when they were very young). Maybe he is a cousin of my uncles. My large family tree certainly could substantiate that belief. If he is a relative, that could lend genetic credence to the "Doppelganger-ness" of the little boy and Spud. 

NOTE: One of my sisters has informed me that this picture was taken at my Aunt Dode's house and that the little boy with my uncles is a cousin of ours. Thanks Kit!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! As soon as I saw that boy I thought SPUD!!

    I recently came across one of My Hero shortly after we moved into this house (just shy of 30 years ago) and was shocked to see how much he looks like our YoungMan.

    ReplyDelete