Thursday, March 11, 2010

Paparazzi or Bagging the Perfect Blog Shot

Last week Yam was home on spring break from college and brought her friend from New Jersey along with her. We all had a great week together. Yam's friend was very polite, extremely helpful (she even packed some work clothes just in case we had yard work lined up. Yam had informed her that we do a lot of outside work around here. She never had to break them out of her suitcase) and a very happy person who was quick to laugh. It was a pleasure to have her here.

We girls watched old movies together like Sabrina with Bogart and Friendly Persuasion with Gary Cooper and ate real popcorn, not microwaved. The whole family took Jersey Girl to dinner one evening at the Icehouse Pub (we were thinking of you Uncle Jim!)

I took the girls to Boca Grande on the prettiest day of the break. We walked the beach and looked for shells. Later Jersey Girl treated Yam and I to lunch at beach side.


As we were strolling the beach I happened to see a woman ahead of us who was also looking for shells. I thought the color of her hat and jacket against the beach and water made for a nice blog shot.

I followed this woman at a distance, using my zoom, snapping away, trying to get a good shot. I felt like I was stalking her; like she was a Hollywood starlet and I was the Paparazzi. I must have been snapping away so much that Yam decided she needed a picture of me, taking a picture of the lady in the pink hat.

I don't know how many photos I bagged before I finally introduced myself and asked the pink hatted lady if she wouldn't mind posing for a couple of shots for my blog (I wasn't getting the shots I wanted via zoom and needed to be closer to her and I thought she might think me creepy and stalkish if I did not introduce myself and ask permission to snap away at close range).

I told her I loved the color combination of her pink hat and peach jacket against the sand and surf. She was very accommodating and took my direction well (LOL). During her "photo shoot" I discovered she was vacationing that week and that she hailed from Minnesota.

Here are a few of the shots I bagged...

4 comments:

  1. I want to be that lady in the pink hat and orange jacket!!!!! And that sky is the most incredible blue.....

    kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog brings to mind the memories we had with you when visiting Boca Grande, thanks sister. K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Told Jersey Girl she was in your blog. The result? Her infectious laughter. :) She's telling everyone about how much fun she had during spring break.
    Love, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. You reflect the Florida weather, warm and inviting! cnd

    ReplyDelete