Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Blog, My Book

It's here, my first published (self published) book!

I had my blog made into a book through Lulu.com .

I wanted to have my blog made into a book so that I could have an in-my-hands copy of my 2009 blog entries.

I am pleased with how my 8.5 x 11, 313-page, full-color, hardback book came out. The Colonel said it reminds him of a yearbook. I guess it is a yearbook of sorts.

It was easy to turn my blog into my book with Lulu.com.

Every time I create a new blog entry, I copy it into a Word document. Through the magic of downloads and PDFs (I know just enough about computers to be somewhat dangerous at times) Lulu and I were able to take my blog and convert it into a book of my design. My book even has its own ISBN number!

Lulu walks you through the process (and if I can do it, anyone can).

Soon it will be time for my Bird's Yellow House Blog 2010 book to go to print.

There's just something about seeing your own words and photos in a book.

2 comments:

  1. Good work, Mom. I can't wait to get my hands on this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way too cool sis, I am proud to say I have 2 siblings with a published book!

    ReplyDelete