Tuesday, August 4, 2009

School Days

Where has the summer break gone?

Next week my son begins his high school junior year and 10 days later my daughter heads off as a college freshman, so I took them school shopping.

After many years of school shopping we have a stash of pens, pencils, highlighters, paper, folders and the like. This shopping trip was dedicated to clothing and shoes.

I am not a big fan of shopping, never have been. I am not a browser. I know what I need or want when I shop, so I get in and get out. Add two more shoppers of the same ilk, the kids, and you get an idea the school shopping was business and very little pleasure (except that iced latte from Starbucks and of course spending time with my kids).

Only 5 more years of school shopping to go!

2 comments:

  1. What, no Scoopy Do or Archie lunch boxes? No waxed paper wrapped P&J's, I must be regessing back to my school days. 2nd in line

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on the shopping is business not pleasure attitude. Which would be obvious, if you could see my wardrobe. We await a teacher assignment before filling in any school supply gaps. And I think we need to find a decent pair of tennis shoes for the girl.

    ReplyDelete