Tuesday, September 29, 2009

September Sisters

When there are eight kids in one family the chances of sharing a birth month are pretty good. This is the case in my family. One sister and brother share April, two brothers share May and two sisters and I share September. Our oldest sister has January all to herself.

While I was in Indiana visiting family and friends, my family threw a birthday party for my two September Sisters and I. We had B-B-Q'd brisket, ribs and chicken with all the trimmings like cornbread muffins, baked beans, cole slaw and macaroni and cheese. DELICIOUS!!


After dinner we had birthday cake and ice cream. My sister Cindy had ordered a cake with an old picture of my two sisters and I on it. We thought it would be fun to sit behind the cake in the same order we were sitting when the old picture was taken.



Aside from hairstyle changes and different eye wear, I believe time has been very good to us.



When we finished the excellent birthday cake and ice cream, we cleared the table and began a rousing card game of 1 to 10. It is a very fun game as well as competitive. It is a bit like Euchre in the fact that you try to make your tricks. It was great to play with my mom, sisters, brothers, a niece and nephew. My mom, when she wasn't playing and my youngest brother, who did not play at all, had as much fun watching as we did playing.

Gifts and cards were given as part of the day's festivities. I received many lovely cards and gifts and want to say thanks again everyone!

Sharing my birth month with my two September Sisters is just one of the good things that comes from being one of eight children...plus as kids, we had all the birthday cake we could handle when September rolled around.


2 comments:

  1. To me, you guys will always look the way you did on the birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto sister......I thought it was such a wonderful day. Goodness my hair is sooooo blonde can't wait to visit my hair stylist on thursday, darker in the winter she says.....Kit

    ReplyDelete