Monday, February 22, 2010

A Simple Pleasure

The other day The Colonel surprised me by taking me to a place we've never been before.

The day was warmer than it has been for some time and it was nice to leisurely walk in the sunshine with The Colonel...

...one of my life's simple pleasures.

After our lovely walk we went to one of the little places we have been before; a boat slip nestled between some old houses.


We spied a Great Blue Heron and I was able to snap this photo of him before he flew away from us; these herons are very skittish. We have never seen an alligator here (yet).



2 comments:

  1. Walking in sunshine, ohohooo, that would seem like a wonderful outing for us here in winterville, I like the pic of you and your shadows......K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Looks like a wonderful place to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete