Friday, July 24, 2009

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, Read All About It!

July 20th was not only the 40th anniversary of the lunar landing of Apollo 11, it was also the release date for my hero's co-authored book, Images of America PUNTA GORDA. It is an Arcadia Publishing book. Arcadia has local history books on many places across the nation. My hero's book can be found at on-line bookstores such as Amazon.com and Books-A-Million.

I am extremely proud of his accomplishment. He will not see any proceeds from the sale of this book line his pockets; the proceeds will be donated to the Blanchard House Museum of African-American History and Culture of Charlotte County. We both are volunteers and board members of the museum.

My daughter and I are named in the Acknowledgments at the book's beginning. I, for my input and thorough review and my daughter for her editing. It is a thrill to see your name in a book, but I am sure it pales in comparison to seeing your name on the cover as an author or co-author.

July 20th was also my Father-in-Law's birthday.

What a day full of great things.

1 comment: